Summer 2015 Vol. 27 No. 2
SUMMER 2015 VOL. 27 NO. 2
|LOC Back Issue Vol. 27 NO. 2 The Secret of Relaxation|
2. THE SECRET OF RELAXATION
BY SWAMI AMAR JYOTI. Most of us believe in the benefits of relaxation, but how many achieve it in our daily lives? Relaxation is not an end in itself. Its purpose and benefits are higher and vaster. How to transcend our self-created limitations.
10. VEDIC INTUITIVE KNOWLEDGE
BY DAVID FRAWLEY. We embody the cosmic Being and can reflect the universe itself through awareness that is hidden within us.
16. A ZEN APPROACH TO CONFLICT RESOLUTION
BY DIANE MUSHO HAMILTON. Conflict is an opportunity for transformation: a personal account of how challenging and amazing this can be.
20. SPIRITUAL CAUSE OF DEPRESSION—AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
BY EKNATH EASWARAN. Depression—at least the ordinary variety—is an energy crisis. The solution is simpler than you think!
24. EXISTENCE IS A FIELD OF POSSIBILITIES
BY DEEPAK CHOPRA. If you want to really live, you have to be fully alive to this moment, which means being dead to the past and the future.
30. POWER UP YOUR BRAIN WITH MEDITATION
BY DAVID PERLMUTTER, M.D., F.A.C.N. AND ALBERTO VILLOLDO, PH.D. Two pioneers explore the link between ancient shamanic practices, modern neuroscience and meditation.
34. YOGIS AND THE MILLION-DOLLAR QUESTION
BY PREM PRAKASH. Everyone wants to be happy. We believe that
objects and relationships support or diminish our happiness. What
is the real answer?
36. MINDFULNESS PRACTICES FOR CHILDREN (AND THEIR PARENTS)
BY ELINE SNEL. How mindfulness can help children, teaching and sharing it with them, and a fun exercise.
40. PARAM PARA—ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH
BY SWAMI AMAR JYOTI. What is the true purpose of relaxation? The relationship of ego and soul. Why detachment and selflessness are needed in relationships.
42. BEFRIENDING YOUR SHADOW WITH MINDFULNESS
BY DAVID RICHO. The deeper meaning of the shadow and how befriending it frees us from fear.
50. NEVER TO BE DREAMT AGAIN
BY MONIKA JOHN. Our being longs to dwell wholly where it came from...
64. OUR ODYSSEY
BY EBEN ALEXANDER, M.D. We are one of God’s greatest experiments.
46. Books, Youth Books, Video, Audio, Spiritual Cinema